Monday, July 28, 2008

A Cup of Coffee

Just about an hour ago, I was this very ordinary guy, sitting in the canteen and eyeing some good looking girls (endangered species) as they came in and went out, and now am sitting at Cafe coffee day (a lot can happen over an cup of coffee). And was waiting for Komal.



Recap: We met, became friends and lost touch but were again in touch. (Courtesy; A mutual friend and my efforts)



As Komal was busy with her work and I was busy with mine, so we did'nt contact each other. But admist all this I was deeply and madly in love with her.



But the question was, why was I sitting in cafe coffee day and waiting for her?



Reason: Unknown (atleast till now)



Actually had received a SmS from komal. (Note, She still had my number.) And I still tried to figure it out as to who's number it was (Note, I did'nt have her number). It may be of no importance, but it really meant a lot to me. Because according to me, if you aren't there in my phone means you are virtually dead.



The Message read "hey gotch tel ya sumthin" so be der at the cafe at 5pm. I'll be waitin for ya".



From then on there was something which started to happen and my stomach went for a toss (It generally happens during exams). Was wondering what was such that she wanted to tell me.



Actually you will not believe but I had waited for this day for quite a long. A coffee with Komal. And at the same time had no idea how am I going to handle the talks. Had nothing in mind.



But anyways I replied back "Kewl, will be there much before time and will not have you wait at all".



Komal replied back "Good to get your reply!! cya at cafe then.bye



Time 5pm. Both of us were seated at the corner most table in the cafe. Was nervous but had lot to speak.



"You have'nt changed a bit" I said.



Although she had actually changed a lot. From the girl I loved deeply and madly to a person whom I hate very much. Don't want to use the word hate. It is a very strong word, but still that one message had transported me back from time.



"But you have changed a lot aki" Komal said.



"Let me assure you I have'nt changed a bit." I said



Then where is that smile gone akash. The one you used to caryy always, flashing you cute bunny teeth. She said. And I listening to this made an herculean attempt to smile anyways.



Anyways how's your college going on? Last year right?



Yeah!!!! I said.



And you are planning an MBA I guess...a talented chap like you is what the business world needs these days. Komal said.



And I was wondering, why was I attending this lecture so boring. As if I don't know all this. This is what I keep hearing from my parents daily at home.



Yes I said, although thinking of re-considering my decision and want to work instead, or may be as an editor or so.



Ahaa!! That reminds me, happened to see you blog's. Must say an awesome work. You write really well. Komal said



Thanks I said, as our order just came, and Komal eagerly took a sip of the coffee.



Aahhh!! She exclaimed.



I immediately went forward to wipe her mouth with the tissue but she moved back and instead took the tissue and wiped it herself. It was an awkward moment though, but I don't know why, but I was smiling at this.



And I told her, "komal you are still the same-- Careless"



She kept quite.



So did I. And this silence prevailed, although many a times she said something which I did'nt respond to.



Aakash please talk to me



And my spoon feel down, right into the coffee, spilling drops of hot coffee around.



Oh God! Am so sorry....I said.



She dint bother what I did or said, and instead repeated the same thing, "Akash please talk to me"



I am talking to you komal!!! I almost shouted.



Pause...Long Pause



So why have you come to meet me here. Now I had come to the point.



Wanted to talk to you. She said



Talk to me! Regarding what? You never wanted to be my friend, then why today all of sudden. I left you then but why this drama all over again. And before I could conclude even, could see her eyes almost wet with tears. I now waited for her to compose.



She took a deep breath and started " Frankly I don't know from where do I start. I have always imagined this moment, and that now it is here, want to tell you everything before I leave this city, as my dad has got a transfer and we will be shifting this weekends to surat".



I always knew that you had feelings for me right from the day one when we met at the gupta coaching classes. Even when I was away, ie; when I had left Gupta coaching during our chat could easily make out that you had some feelings for me but you were always trying to hide. You tried your level best not to show, but good or bad I saw. And I don't know why but I started avoding you for no reason. You must have thought that I am trying to show some sort of attitude, but the reality is .....she took a deep breath.....I was afraid of the making a choice. I was afraid of taking an action, was afraid of taking a decision, and yes now I regret it.



I was stunned at this. And that was the moment I wanted to capture. I just wanted to go and give her a huge hug. I felt so many things at the same time. Was she trying to say that she loved me too? Actually repeating it to myself made me feel embarresed.



By now komal was crying, tears were rolling down her eyes. Both of us felt, what if we would have been a bit more mature and had the courage to come up and say what we actually felt. We had been deprived of each other.



I know it's no use saying all this now, but I could'nt do justice if I had'nt told you. So if by any chance please forgive me.



But how could I blame komal for anything.Was she really wrong. I guess had just come to know what the word fate means. But i guess I had to say something.



So quietly said"It's ok".



I don't know what happened to me, but just like that I got up and went forward and hugged her. And said, wish you could have said it earlier, I would have been the most happiest person on this earth. But FATE is something which we can never change.



And She just said one word "I"m Sorry"!!!!

No comments: