Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Friendship Day !!!

Happy friendship day! A hug to all on this friendship day, and may our friendship grow leaps and bounds.

I am sure you did'nt expect to get a 'gift' from me today and definitely not a blog post. But then , its the best I have to offer. What else can I give you? I don't work to earn. hee hee....

The first time I heard that along with Diwali and Holi, we celebrate even friendship day, I was stunned. For a moment all was lost to me and I was lost in nothing. And then I was smiling ear to ear and was jumping from one place to the another. Iwas happy. Till my higher secondary I had no idea about what is friendship day and what is valentines day. These extra knowledge was gained when I was in my 11th std in dehradun.

It was quite an unusual day in itself. The guys were trying to look at thier best and so were the girls. Some of the guys had even brought gifts and I saw many of them getting gifts and found it to be a day on its own. But admist all this I was feeling low, sad and bad. As I was new to the place hardly had any friends, so no chance of recieving any gifts and the idea of gifting was so wierd. But still I guess was enjoying the moment.

Friendship Day is just another reason to spend time with friends. If given a choice, I’m sure each and every one of us would love to spend their time always with friends. There are so many things what one can say about one's friend, and here the case is,who cares if we are right or wrong, what matters the most is that we are with our frens. And the best things about a friend is that you won't even mind calling them up at uneven hours, yes they will shout, scream at you for waking them up, but at the end they are always there by your side.

Best friends are those who read you even before you understand whats wrong with you. I fortunately have one such friend, Anil. This guy understands me totally. I never have to even open my mouth and tell him anything, instead before that he tells me whats going on in my mind. Many a times I felt as if he uses telepathy, but guess thats what a best friend is like. Once what happend was, I reached college, and from the morning itself my mood was off. It was like this, before we actually going to the college we guys used to meet and used to all go together to the college. But instead that day I did'nt wait for anyone and some time later when everyone had come they were surprized to see me seated in the class.

"Hey aki whats wrong with you? Did'nt even wait for us" Anil said.

"Nothing as such, now please don't disturb me, and let me concentrate on whats going on in the class." I replied back

Ok!! So who's that girl? Where did you go last evening? Did she dump you or fought with her? or did that girls boyfriend happened to see you and black eyes?

And for the next 5 mins anil went on and on, as in giving tips how to safely handle girls and never fight over the issue and also about not taking the girls to thier favourite restaurant, as many times the girls boyfriend comes up thier in search.

And you wont believe the next moment I was laughing and laughing laud, that was asked to leave from the class, but to my surprize anil too followed me , or you can say came out to give me some company.

"So which of the above was the reason for your mood being so dull?" Anil enquired.

"Was out with preeti, yeah her boyfriend happend to see me but luckily I escaped, but later in the night preeti called up to tell that it cannot work anymore so....." I explained.

I just told him one thing" buddy how do you manage to know everything about me? and he replied back saying, this is how best buddies are. rite? I had no words after that.

Would like to sum it up saying: Friendship is what no other relationship can ever hope to be. Its the best relation god has ever made. It is the most important ingredient in this recipe of life.

I would like to Thank all my friends by this small piece of write up, which I had seen some where and it caught my attention.

You're my friend because you're always there,

If there's sadness around or in the air,

At night, in the morning or anytime of day,

You're there to cheer me up and chase the sadness away.


I just want to thank you for all you've done,

You've helped me through a lot, you're really number one.

Thanks for all the good times that we share,

It shows that you're one who really does care.


Thanks for being there when time got rough,

You make it easier when times get too tough.

Thanks for being there each and every day,

Thanks for being you in that very special way.

No comments: