Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy birthday Goli

"The Pahadi boys have arrived" . This was the first time I saw Anil walk into the class with his brother, or thats what he still prefers to call him , Saurabh. They both silently walk into the class and adjust and sit in between few broken chairs and yes behind Parul, the then hottie of our batch.

The lectures begin and I too feel sleepy and I decide to escape on the last row and sleep there. I go drag a chair and sit next to Anil.I see him, and he gives me a strange look. The look which says "For what have you come to college, to sleep or study?" And I remember I actually did start taking notes.

Now its been 7 years that we know each other and we are more than friends, We are brothers. He really means a lot to me. when ever I feel low, I just call him without looking at the clock too, cause I know he will be there for me anytime and anyday. Yes at time i have been an asshole and I tried to avoid him, but this guy remains firm and does things that are best for all.

Its his birthday today and as usual, inspite of calling him at 12 mid night, i forgot that its his birthday but so sweet of him that he himself reminded me of it being 2nd feb.

I just wish you a good life ahead and I know how life has changed and how bad life has actually been. You have always been strong and I hope that you remain the same. And bhai, we are there with you always to kick your ass and say - saalle Goli !- get up and get going.

Wishing you a very happy birthday bro ! My best wishes with you always.

No comments: